Maintenance: Syringe Pump Calibration or Syringe Pump Maintenance Alarm
Lubricating a Syringe pump
The pump is showing the ‘Maintenance due’ alert on the screen.
To resolve the issue:
This reminder occurs after 100hrs of pump usage. We highly recommend you take the time to inspect the syringe pump, making sure that the lead screw is not dusty, that the pump is not dirty or sticky, and if the lead screw is dry you apply a small amount of lubricant.
To apply lubricant please move the pusher block to the left of where it usually operates and use a soft cotton swab to place a 1" long line of of lubricant on the lead screw screw next to the pusher block, on the side facing the syringe holder. Then press the 'fast forward' button to rub the grease into the screw.
Checking the performance of your pump: Volume or NIST Traceable Calibration
The pump is showing the ‘Calibration due’ alert on the screen.
To resolve the issue:
Syringe pumps do not require calibration, but because the mechanical parts can wear out, we recommend a 'calibration verification' annually, to make sure that the pumps are still within specification.
You can either do a quick test, using the attached procedure, or you can send the pumps in to us for a NIST traceable calibration verification.
If interested in sending your pumps in please see our Return Procedure.
Once you have finished either procedure, then reset the alarm in settings.
1. From the Quick Start or Method Main screen, choose the Settings button.
2. From the Settings menu, choose the Pump Information button to enter the information screen.
3. Note that the next date for suggested calibration is displayed on this screen at all times.
4. Choose calibration Reset to set the next suggested Calibration due date based on the current date. Note that calibration is suggested once per year, so choosing Reset will modify the Calibration due date to one year from the current date.
5. The pump will display the total run time since the last reset of the Lubrication timer. To reset the time, choose the Lubrication Reset button.
6. When you are finished, choose Accept to return to the Settings menu.
Please sign in to leave a comment.