Dry Gas Meter Manual 50-6162
This User's Manual explains the installation, function and use of the Dry Gas Meter. Carefully read the operating instructions as well as other materials in this manual.
This unit is primarily intended for the volumetric measurement of respiratory gases collected in Douglas Bags. The use is limited to measure respiratory gases and room air only. The Dry Gas Meter is comprised of the control unit, dry gas meter and the inlet and outlet ports.
- The digital display has a readout of 999.9 liters
- A reset button permits the volumes of individual Douglas Bas to be measured, otherwise the volumes can be totaled on the display
- Battery powered operation using the internal LiPo 3.7V ~1100mA rechargeable battery
- Continuous operation using the Micro-USB 5V 500mA power supply
- Charging of the rechargeable battery with the Micro-USB 5V 500mA power supply
- LED indicates charging status
- Parallel charging and measuring operation possible
- Bright display of measurement values, adjustable contrast
- An output socket on the front panel provides a 5V TTL logic pulse
Main Design Features: Front
Main Design Features: Top
Setting up the system
- Position your Dry Gas Meter on a solid, even surface
- Plug in the power cord to the input micro-USB connector at the top of your Dry Gas Meter
- Connect the power supply to a wall plug if you want your device to be recharged or for continuous operation
- Connect all tubing according to your experimental setup, like the Douglas bag to the inlet connector on the top of the Dry Gas Meter
- Switch on the Dry Gas Meter
Starting the Experiment
The HSE Dry Gas Meter is ready to start immediately after switching on the measurement. The volume is automatically set to "0" upon restart.
The display can be reset to "0" for a new experimental run or when a new Douglas bag is used by pressing the RESET button.
Recharging the Dry Gas Meter's battery
The Dry Gas Meter is equipped with a rechargeable battery. This battery is charged every time the instrument is connected to power using the micro-USB power cable. During the recharging the LED on the front turns blue, and the LED switches off when the recharging process is finished.
The power cable can stay connected all the time, as well during measurements. When charging during measurements the LED may turn on and off from time to time.
In the cases where the rechargeable battery has been fully depleted, it can take up to 5 minutes before the display turns on and you can start measurements.
The LiPo rechargeable battery has very little self-discharge and can stay charged for several months.
Assembly of the tube connectors bridge
Servicing and Maintenance
The Dry Gas Meter series does not require any special maintenance.
For routine maintenance, it is important to carefully clean the housing and display to remove dirt and residue. Light soiling can be removed with a damp cloth without detergent. For organic residues like oil, grease or an adhesive residue, use an alcohol based cleaning agent like isopopanol. In all cases be careful that no cleaning agent enters the housing or the display.
If your cleaning process is not successful, e.g. if the inside of the control unit is contaminated with saline solution, do not open the housing. In such cases it is necessary to send your Dry Gas Meter back for service and repair.
Please find the dry gas meter manual attached here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.