This is not meant as a guide and all users should optimize their own protocol specific for their own use. However, to help you get started here are general instructions.
1. Tap the column gently to ensure that the media is settled at the bottom.
2. Remove the red caps and place into a centrifuge tube.
3. Place 500µl of water or buffer (use 1000µl for G-100 gel filtration) in the column and wait 15 minutes for hydration.
4. Centrifuge for 4 minutes at ~2000xg.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 if desired.
6. Remove column from tube and blot the exterior dry.
7. Add between 75µl and 150µl of sample to the column.
8. Place the column in a new centrifuge tube and spin for 4 minutes at ~ 2000 x g.
9. The purified sample is collected in the centrifuge tube.