34-1040 and 34-1041 Isoflurane Vaporizers Key-Fill and Funnel-Fill
This user manual is for the cagemount isoflurane vaporizers used in the Harvard Apparatus Complete Anesthesia systems (e.g. 72-6467, 72-6468, 75-0232, 75-0233, 72-6469 and 72-6470). This vaporizer is designed for use with one anesthetic agent/drug only named on the vaporizer. The vaporizer must never be modified, dismantled, calibrated or serviced by unauthorized personnel.
- Keep the vaporizer upright at all times.
- Do not carry the vaporizer by holding the dial control.
- To minimize cross-contamination of anesthetic agents, only one vaporizer should be fitted to an anesthetic machine at any one time.
- The vaporizer must be always be mounted between the gas flow (fresh gas supply) metering unit and the patient breathing circuit and upstream of any absorber or humidifier.
- Before use, all connections must be checked for leaks and functional tests must be performed as described in the anesthetic machine User Manual.
- It is recommended that only one vaporizer is mounted to the anesthetic machine at any one time, thus assisting with the prevention of cross-contamination of anesthetic agents.
- Do not fill the vaporizer with any liquid of anesthetic agent other than the one specified on the Front Label. The vaporizer is designed for that agent only. Any other agent than that specified can prove dangerous to the patient.
- Do not fill vaporizers unless the Control Dial is in the "OFF" position.
- Do not turn the Control Dial "ON" during filling or attempt to fill beyond the "FULL" mark.
- Do not drain the agent into a container other than a properly marked container.
Every two weeks the vaporizer should be drained into an appropriately marked container when the agent level is low and agent discarded. Less frequent intervals may be used when the anesthetic agent does not contain additives or stabilizing agent.
Suggested servicing every three years for Isolfurane and Sevoflurane unless your institution has a more stringent set of rules.
Please sign in to leave a comment.