Calibrating a Syringe pump
The pump is showing the ‘Calibration due’ alert on the screen.
To resolve the issue:
This reminder occurs after 100hrs of pump usage. We highly recommend you take the time to inspect the syringe pump, making sure that the lead screw is not dusty, that the pump is not dirty or sticky, and if the lead screw is dry you apply a small amount of lubricant.
To apply lubricant please use a soft cotton swab and place a small amount of lubricant on other side of the pusher block. Disengage the half-nut and move the pusher block back and forth along the lead screw. Wipe off any excess. If excess lubricant is left on the lead screw it will collect dirt and dust and increase the need for return service.
Checking the performance of your pump: Volume or NIST Traceable Calibration
Syringe pumps do not require a calibration every 100hrs of use, but because the mechanical parts can wear out, we recommend a 'calibration verification' annually, to make sure that the pumps are still within specification.
You can either do a quick test, using the attached procedure, or you can send the pumps in to us for a NIST traceable calibration verification.
If interested in sending your pumps in please see our Return Procedure.
Once you have finished your inspection then reset the alarm in settings.
1. From the Quick Start or Method Main screen, choose the Settings button.
2. From the Settings menu, choose the Pump Information button to enter the Calibration screen.
3. Note that the next date for suggested calibration is displayed on this screen at all times.
4. Choose calibration Reset to set the next suggested Calibration due date based on the current date. Note that calibration is suggested once per year, so choosing Reset will modify the Calibration due date to one year from the current date.
5. The pump will display the total run time since the last reset of the Lubrication timer. To reset the time, choose the Lubrication Reset button.
6. When you are finished, choose Accept to return to the Settings menu.